Sunday, August 23, 2015

And So It Begins . . . Again

Make no mistake: it's still summer.

Despite the unusually cool temperatures. (Who's complaining? Not I. The air conditioning turned off for the first time in ages. Even the cats, cold last night due to open windows, cuddled me, willingly.)


Despite the pouring rain. (Usually we're still in something like a drought. Who's complaining? Not I. No watering of the newish shrubs for a while now. No need.)

However.

The odonates are not fans of the cool temps and rain.

And I, free to admit since I am not employed by the college, am not celebrating the return of students to an otherwise quiet community.

Today, after waiting more than five minutes just to get onto University Avenue, after nearly hitting two students who walked right out in front of my moving without ever looking, after weaving through hordes of them Friday night, I felt an urge to push that button.


But.

I didn't.

No comments: