Sunday, July 6, 2008

Booking It

Today was reserved for rest and relaxation as I needed recovery from last night's harrowing drive back from Bell Buckle through blinding rain and hail after a foiled attempt to see The Tennessee Shakespeare Festival's first production (A Midsummer Night's Dream) at Webb. The play was canceled, and we headed out Highway 82, which was blocked by a fallen tree. That meant the long way home, and while I didn't have to drive (my SOL friend Jan did), I was still frightened out of my wits. So. Today has been easy. Some Wimbledon, some NYTimes, some pleasure reading, some bookbinding.
I laid out, printed, cut, folded, covered, and tied 10 miniature matchbox books: Sunday Fat Cats. While these are fun to make, I don't much like the box insert. I can't cover it because the paper would make it too thick to slide inside the top. I can't remake the insert because I don't have paper of the right weight. Bother. We shall see if the teens here for the Young Writers' Conference are interested in making small purchases at Shenanigans.

No comments: