Friday, July 4, 2008

The Fourth


Somewhere in Florida, Virginia celebrates her third birthday on the Fourth. Here we celebrate with all kinds of activities, my favorite of which is the dog show. It began with an adopt-me-dog that later won one round. He was better behaved than most pampered pooches.
Among the costume contestants were a bumblebee and bumbledog (third place) and an American girl and her American dog (first place).

During the smallest dog contest, one of the local clowns argued that her dogs on the skewer were the tiniest. Nevertheless, a miniature chihuahua won.
When the Mistress of Ceremonies asked for jokes from the audience, a small boy who announced he is from "Winn-en-chester" told this one: "Why does the puppy hide from his mother? [pause] Because he's already been spotted! [pause] Get it? He's already spotted!!!" He won first prize.



My friend Trink is cool under the shade of a tree as we both admire this little girl pushing her tiny dog.

Walking home, I couldn't resist these signs next to the Justice and Peace booth.

With this entry I have broken my one photograph rule. I resisted the parade, cat show, dunking booth, barbecue pits, party-goers, fireworks, . . . .

No comments: