Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Shoes!

I used to care about fashion.

That is, until melanoma surgery (a wide excision) left an unattractive indentation below
my knee. Until my back began to deteriorate at 26 and only continued to get worse until I had surgery 23 years later. Until I developed bone spurs, stress fractures, and permanent plantar fasciitis, relieved somewhat by another surgery. Until my skinny body (my mother used to make eat three slices of white bread every Saturday throughout childhood because she said, "The wind will blow you away") became a middle-aged one.

Now comfort and ease rule: FLAX linen clothing for work, jeans and pajama pants at home, and Haflinger clogs. I buy one pair, wear them out, and buy another. My third pair arrived today. Hooray! Here's the old and new picture.
Even without the tag, it's obvious which is which, yes? You gotta love online ordering and UPS delivery!

No comments: