Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another Way to Consume Pumpkin

I thought I loved pumpkin every way it comes, until I tried my microwave baby pumpkin the other night. In World Market on Monday, I made my own six-pack and selected a Buffalo Bill's pumpkin ale. I sampled it last night and loved it.

My nephew has tried to teach me the subtleties of describing ale, but I'm still an amateur who can't tell hops from schmops. Here goes. Though it's not especially thick on the tongue, the ale has
weight. Its flavor reminds me of England and damp wool sweaters steaming by a pub fire. The finish, however, is just like an American Halloween and Thanksgiving's pumpkin pie, only light (or should I write, as packagers do, "lite"?). It's surprisingly delicious.

Two additional pleasures are these: the beautiful label and the unbelievably rich color. Who couldn't love it?

No comments: