Sunday, June 5, 2011

Visitors

A former student and colleague -- let's just call her a friend -- brought her "peeps" up for the weekend. They spent the night in a dorm and took part in a special alum event. Before leaving the college for the Monteagle Sunday School Assembly to visit with another former student and one of her daughters, Susie and the girls joined me for an early morning stroll to the Cross. The girls huffed and puffed as some small children do, but when we got to the Cross, they were as fascinated as I by this teeny butterfly: a Banded Hairstreak (the first I've spotted and identified). On our way back to my house and their car, they decided to wait with me at the soccer field while their mother retrieved the car. As soon as she drove off, the youngest spotted another Banded Hairstreak.Wow! What a delightful morning, and what delightful visitors!

No comments: