Monday, June 20, 2011

A Work in Progress

When I started this blog, I thought I'd offer my great-nieces and great-nephew a window into my life. I didn't want to be the Somewhat Unknown Great Aunt Robley.

Over time, the blog morphed into something else -- a kind of journal of my daily living.

And then, again over time, it morphed into a celebration of the world in which I wander every day.

I am sure it will morph anew, but for now I am happy to record bits of my daily ambles.


Today, I spent almost three hours with a friend at Lake Dimmick, also known as Day Lake. It has fast become my favorite place on earth. A walk through two locked gates (the first next to a white horse), a winding stretch of road, an old field and barn on one side and woods on the other, the woods slowly giving way to a shallow, life-filled lake studded with Snot Grass and rippling water scudded with clouds.


View Larger Map

Other than Greg's occasional voice or the paper scuffle of dragonfly wings or the jets high above, there is no sound, no person other than my friend and me.

If I were Thoreau or Dillard, I would happily settle in a tiny house on the edge of far woods and spend my days marveling at such sights as these:


No comments: