Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Eye Candy

When I was in elementary school, my mother sold the World Book.  I've always wondered why, but I suspect it was because she got a free set for us.

I loved that encyclopedia.  I would sit for hours alone, in the den, on the floor, with one volume.  I might have looked up something for school, but I'd forget it within ten minutes.  I paged through, looking and looking and looking like a picky eater who moves from one good thing to another.

Now my eye candy is the Internet, where I sometimes happen on a remarkable site, like 500px.  A former student posted her web page on Facebook, and then as I did years ago, I started skipping from photographer to photographer to photographer.

There's just one problem with such eye candy: envy.  Oh, how I want a camera with amazing macro ability.

No comments: