Monday, November 14, 2011

The Miracle Treat

My cousin Alice came to visit briefly ten days ago for her reunion, and because she is Alice, she arrived with gifts: home-baked bread and her miraculous cheese straws.

Cheese straws may well be my favorite southern treat, and Alice's Alabama cheese straws are the best I have ever eaten.  Bar none.  Cheddary and spicy hot, the little crackers snap in the mouth and burst with flavor.

I don't know who invented the cheese straw, but I sure as heck know who perfected it.  And I'm well pleased she's a member of my own family.

5 comments:

Chrissine said...

Oh how cool (and tasty!). I use a photo-sharing on my iPhone called Photovine, which is so fun. People contribute pics according to each vine's theme. But I started a vine captioned "Down South," and I'm the only one who has contributed (with pics of Cheerwine soft drink and a couple Georgia peaches). If you were on Photovine, I'd beg you to post this. Or maybe I can do it giving you the photo credit. :)

Unfortunately, Photovine (http://photovine.com/) will not be available for much longer. I'm having fun with it for now all the same.

Thanks for sharing your cousin's southern treats!

Robley H said...

You can steal it and give me photo credit, if you wish. I don't have an iPhone, so all its capabilities are mysteries to me.

Chrissine said...

Great, thanks, Robley! I'll borrow and give you credit. I'll try to link it back here as well. :-)

Robley H said...

Fabulous!

Joni said...

MMM! I love cheese straws! Looking forward to some in all of the upcoming holiday feasts :-).