Monday, November 28, 2011

The Manifesto of Done

Every year, as I think about, plan, draft, sketch, design, layout, publish, and make The Greats' Christmas book, I feel as though I'm fishing in the sky.  My bobber is stuck -- right now -- in some branch beyond my reach, and no matter how hard I tug, I can't pull the line loose.

Just as I was panicking today, I came across The Manifesto of Done, mentioned in a blog I follow.  Number 4 is especially helpful at the moment: "Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it."

Fingers, don't fail me now!

4 comments:

Joni said...

All the best with the book! I love # 8 of the manifesto too -- the one about perfect is boring ;-).

Robley H said...

Agreed. Perfect schmerfect!

Chrissine said...

I like the idea of a Christmas book involving sky fishing and bobbers strung from trees. :-) The Manifesto of Done is brilliant. Number four also resonates with me as I rarely know what I'm doing. :-)

Robley H said...

Should one trust people who seem certain they know what they're doing?