Saturday, August 30, 2008

Clean Deck

The other day, I posted a photograph of my grungy deck, which has never been properly cleaned or sealed since I moved here in 2002. I suspect the previous owner had not cleaned and sealed the deck in the three years she lived here, and since she was the builder of the house, that means my deck had a reason to be grungy.
Yesterday, however, the deck was pressure-washed in preparation for re-sealing. The porch was cleaned as well for the same purpose. Unfortunately, it stormed as the pressure washing was completed, but the deck is nevertheless much more clean.

I love the way it looks now. Indeed, it reminds me of the sable color of the creek bottom in the yard where I grew up, or of old stones, cobbles maybe, washed by a storm, or my favorite piece of polished agate in my childhood rock collection, striated with ochre and fawn and mahogany and salmon and beetroot.

I shall enjoy the planking now and enjoy it even more when the colors are sealed.

No comments: