Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rainy Day?

With luck, the droplets of rain I captured on my deck about thirty minutes ago bode more to come.

This didn't begin as a dry summer, but it certainly became one and with a vengeance. My oak leaf hydrangea and dogwoods are suffering. One white azalea looks as if it's about to lose its fight for survival. I already lost my lovely little star magnolia, which crackled to the touch. And the deer have come out of the woods, in search of food and water.

What to others in Florida brought flooding and misery in the form of tropical storm Fay might bring to us some small relief. According to the National Weather Service of NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration),
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FAY IS FORECAST
TO MEANDER ACROSS THE NORTHERN
GULF
COAST FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. AS IT
MOVES BACK TO THE SOUTHWEST...
THE
EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM
WILL BEGIN TO DIMINISH
SOMEWHAT
LATER TODAY...THOUGH SCATTERED
SHOWERS WILL PERSIST THROUGH
THE
AFTERNOON. FAY SHOULD THEN TURN
BACK TO THE NORTH-NORTHEAST BY

TUESDAY AFTER STALLING ACROSS
SOUTHERN LOUISIANA. THIS PATH
COULD
TAKE FAY ACROSS THE
TENNESSEE VALLEY BY MIDWEEK...
INCREASING THE
POTENTIAL FOR
WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAINFALL
TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY.

The rain would be a welcome visitor indeed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: