Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lucy's Chair

I am a cat person who does not collect cat objects -- no cute little knickknacks and silly gewgaws. I like the living animals and their purring and silky fur.

But I also like my friends Diane and Florence who gave me the cat quilt and the cat pillow specifically for Lucy who has her own chair facing the front windows and the bird feeder. (Diane, a fiber artist, made the quilt just for kitties.) The white chair doesn't entirely match the decor of my living room
(for a comparison see my entry about light at night), though I have covered the cushion with the same fabric as my couch, and it sticks out a bit uncomfortably toward the couch.

The thing is, I don't care that it doesn't match. Lucy likes the chair and I like Lucy so much that I want her to have her own chair from which she can admire the wild outdoors to which she otherwise has no access.

When the pressure washers arrive tomorrow and the painters on Monday, I hope she finds some comfort in her nesting place atop Matisse and company.

No comments: