Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lucy Meets Rick Steeves

Lucy doesn't travel well, usually meowling loudly any time I struggle to contain her in her travel box. That difficulty, however, doesn't keep her from demonstrating interest in my travel box, in this instance my newly arrived rollaboard from Rick Steeves.

For some time, I have known my inexpensive rollaboard, purchased more than a decade ago for my idyllic summer in Oxford, was going to break. In North Carolina, at my friend Leslie's house, it did just that. Had she not known about zippers because of her hobby of sewing, I'd not have been able to get at my clothes . She simply inserted a long knitting needle into the zipper and broke the teeth apart. The whole suitcase has now gone to the dump.

After researching rollaboards online for several hours, comparing features and prices, I decided to order something better than the discount-store one I dumped. Hence, the Rick Steeves bag from around which Lucy peers. I hope it's as lovely and useful as she.

No comments: