Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good Friends and a Beautiful Environment

Even on a day when I feel a bit challenged or blue, a visit from a good friend, a somewhat sappy movie (Rails and Ties), quiet time on the deck, and a beautiful environment can still me. That's what happened this weekend when my friend Florence came for the afternoon, night, and morning. I have been blessed with her friendship and persistence and wisdom.

Yesterday, we walked around Lake Cheston, where she had not previously been. We had to keep stopping to ooh and ah at the plants and views through the trees. This morning, after made-from-scratch pancakes and good coffee, we walked through Abbo's Alley and marveled at the bridges and memorials throughout the forested garden.

This visit was the balm I needed.

No comments: